January 26, 2024
Raise your spirits, literally, as we take you on a journey above the ordinary—Puerto Vallarta's skyline isn't just a view, it's a vibe. Get ready for sipping, savoring and soaking up the charm of the Friendliest City in the World from the clouds. From the North Hotel Zone to the Romantic Zone, these rooftop bars redefine high spirits in Puerto Vallarta, from craft cocktails to panoramic views.
Strap in for the highlife—where the drinks are as exalted as the views, and the sunsets and evenings are star-studded. Welcome to rooftop revelry, where the only thing higher is the fun!
· Where At: 2179-A Francisco M. Ascensio Blvd., North Hotel Zone
· Why to Attend: The panoramic views of the Bay of Banderas from the rooftop terrace of Hotel Mío are nothing short of spectacular, with a privileged location in the Hotel Zone of Puerto Vallarta. Opened in 2019 under the "Unique & Different" concept, this adults-only business hotel features spacious suites and rooms, attentive staff and special amenities for those traveling with their pets.
· Why We Love It: The exclusive parties and happenings from its rooftop pool deck, fourteen stories high, which are frequently enlivened by renowned live DJs and bands playing jazz, reggae, acoustic rock, soul, and other musical genres. Hotel Mio is located in close proximity to the best beaches and shopping centers in Puerto Vallarta and is only ten minutes away from the downtown area and the Malecon.
· More Information At: Hotel Mío Puerto Vallarta
· Where At: 169 Abasolo St., Centro
· Why to Attend: Located just a block from Puerto Vallarta's Malecon boardwalk, this is one of the locals' favorite pubs. House label YamBak Brew Works offers up to ten craft beers (the Ticla is a highly recommended hazy IPA), though you can order a four-pack sampler and pick your favorite. But the highlight of YamBak is undoubtedly its cozy third-floor patio overlooking Gringo Gulch and Downtown Puerto Vallarta. Here you can enjoy a cold craft cerveza and a wood-fired thin-crust pizza while watching the colors of the sunset. The service is attentive and friendly at all times.
· Why We Love It: Its terrace during the sundown. Don't miss the techno, house and progressive nights, Thursday through Sunday, for dancing into the wee hours with live sets from Mexican and international DJs. And that's not all: YamBak is also a 4:20 friendly pub.
· More Information At: YamBak PV on Instagram.
· Where At: 363-B Miramar St., Centro
· Why to Attend: This is considered to be one of the most romantic restaurants in all of Puerto Vallarta. With a menu of Italian-inspired specialties and fine cuts paired to perfection with table wines from Mexico, Argentina and the United States, La Cappella is ideal for an intimate al fresco evening. You'll be enchanted by the views of the terracotta roofs of the surrounding homes and villas, the iconic bell tower of the Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, and beyond, the endless horizon of the Mexican Pacific.
· Why We Love It: The setting is sober and refined with colonial accents. In the evenings, Puerto Vallarta's most romantic nights are enlivened by a vocal and violin ensemble. The creative mixology menu, based on seasonal fruits, herbs and local spices, is outstanding. Don't miss their weekend brunch. It's highly recommended.
· More Information At: Bellview Hotel Boutique.
· Where At: 445 Zaragoza St., Centro
· Why to Attend: The Iguana Restaurant & Tequila Bar is housed in Casa Kimberly, a boutique property that was once home to Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, two of Hollywood’s biggest stars of yore. With unparalleled panoramic views of the Gringo Gulch and Old Town Vallarta, the ambiance of this al fresco restaurant is elegant and casually formal. Romantic evenings come alive with live mariachi music on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during the November-April season.
· Why We Love It: Chef Jesús Suastegui's menu is notable for its fusion of Mexican dishes with contemporary international influences. The spirits list is very extensive and includes some of the best tequilas and mezcals in the region. The Iguana Restaurant & Tequila Bar is also listed on OpenTableMX as one of the top 50 restaurants in Mexico for the year 2023.
· More Information At: Casa Kimberly.
· Where At: 179 Púlpito St., Romantic Zone
· Why to Attend: Chictini by Pinnacle is said to be the best kept secret in the Puerto Vallartanightlife scene. The truth is that we are fascinated by the unforgettable sunsets from this immaculate rooftop, which guarantees a breathtaking panoramic view of the Romantic Zone right from the penthouse of the Pinnacle 179 tower.
· Why We Love It: Its expert bartender-led mixology menu. Their wine list is also outstanding. Best of all, their happy hour goes until 8:00 pm. You can enjoy the adults-only amenities (including the infinity pool) in comfort until after sunset with a day pass.
· More Information At: Chictini by Pinnacle on Instagram.
· Where At: 385 Olas Altas St., Romantic Zone
· Why to Attend: Located on the beachfront in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta, this is one of our favorite restaurants to watch a spectacular sunset overlooking the recently renovated pier at Los Muertos Beach. At Mar y Vino, the delicious seafood recipes pair perfectly with mixology made with regional distillates like tequila and raicilla, and you have to enjoy the terrace with your feet in a refreshing mirror of water.
· Why We Love It: Its innovative concept literally invites you to immerse yourself in a culinary experience that is unique to Puerto Vallarta. Here you can set the stage for a romantic lunch or dinner for you and your companion with a menu that is based on the freshest seafood from the region. The signature mixology menu features traditional cocktails with the personal touch of its creator, bartender Mario Mendoza, who won the 2018 CALA Award for Best Beverage Professional.
· More Information At: Mar y Vino.
· Where At: 380 Amapas St., Romantic Zone
· Why to Attend: One of the rooftop bars with the most spectacular views in the heart of the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta. In addition to its location just steps from Los Muertos Beach, The TOP Sky Bar's variety of live shows, innovative mixology offerings, and full menu of delicious international cuisine make it a favorite among LGBT+ travelers.
· Why We Love It: Their special events, including live drag shows, the ever-popular RuPaul's Viewing Parties, Lip Sync Battles and more, take place Thursday through Sunday starting at 7:00 pm, just in time for sunset. It's no coincidence that The TOP Sky Bar, part of Almar Luxury Resort's LGBT Beachfront Experience, won Concept Hotel of the Year at LGBTQ+ Travel Awards Mexico 2023.
· More Information At: The TOP Sky Bar.
What is your favorite rooftop bar in Puerto Vallarta? Feel free to share your own recommendations and best photos on our social media pages (Facebook, X, Instagram and TikTok) using the hashtag #PuertoVallarta.
Here are some of Puerto Vallarta's favorite travel experiences and activities as rated by thousands of TripAdvisor users just like you Read more
The Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board confirms its commitment to positioning the destination among the best in the world Read more
The Friendliest City in the World has something for everyone—whether you are a sports enthusiast, a party monster or a music lover Read more