Puerto Vallarta, a destination with the WTTC Safe Travels Stamp
For several years now, Puerto Vallarta has been recognized as one of the safest destinations in Mexico. Nowadays, due to the current global situation, travel safety has become an increasingly important issue.
Being one of the main beach destinations in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta receives millions of travelers every year coming from the most important cities in Mexico and the world, but this year, the usual tourist activity was shut down temporarily. During this time, global health and safety authorities joined efforts to create protocols, measures and better health practices that could be applied in different countries, and thus guarantee the safety of travelers once travel plans could start to reactivate.
Facing the situation and due to the compliance of health and sanitation standards, Puerto Vallarta received the Safe Travels Stamp, a certification issued by the World Travel and Tourism Council- WTTC, which guarantees travelers that businesses and tourist destinations around the globe have adopted strict protocols issued by this council as outlined by health experts and following the WHO and CDC guidelines. Those who wonder if it’s safe to travel to a Mexican destination just have to look for this stamp of approval.
With endless activities, sceneries and adventures to discover, Puerto Vallarta is waiting for you to come and enjoy your next vacations, and feel completely safe at all times. Upon your arrival at Lic. Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, you will notice that hotels, restaurants and establishments are taking all the safety measures and social distancing, so you can be safe and enjoy our destination.
Learn more about the sanitary measures, mandatory safety standards, and good practices that have been implemented in the destination, to safeguard the health of visitors, from the moment of their arrival to their return.
- Temperature measurement using digital thermometers and thermographic cameras, in the departure and arrival screening process of passengers.
- Limited access of companions to terminal buildings, except in duly justiﬁed cases.
- Maintain a social distance of six feet in check-in lines, screening checkpoints, immigration, customs, baggage claim, boarding and disembarking of passengers, among other processes.
- Use of antibacterial hand sanitizer dispensers installed across multiple touch-points within terminal buildings. Mandatory use of face masks.
- Prioritize embarkation and disembarkation on foot, limiting the use of air cars.
- Maintain high cleaning and sanitizing standards using chemical products that facilitate the proper disinfection of rooms and common areas. As well as cleaning systems with steam, chlorine or UV lamps
- Hotel occupancy is reduced by at least 50%.
- Sanitary ﬁlter to restrict the access, guest’s temperatures will be measured with a proximity thermometer considering an ideal of 99.86°F (37.7°C) as without risk.
- Antibacterial gel dispensers will be placed on the access doors for guests’ service.
- Usage of face masks in common areas and when in contact with people who do not belong to your travel group.
Tour Guides and DMCs
- Employees must wear face masks and face shields, avoid handshaking and keep social distancing.
- Handwashing with soap and water before and after each service.
- Antibacterial gel dispenser available in the DMC's area of the Airport and Hotel Lobby for the continuous disinfection of everyone's hands.
- Cleaning of grab handles, boards and luggage, before boarding the vehicles, using disposable towels prepared with disinfectant products that are friendly to humans and the vehicle.
- Passengers must be boarded to the units with 4 - 6.5 ft. (1.5 - 2 meters) distance.
- Restaurants and coffee shops will operate with a maximum of 50% of their capacity.
- Antibacterial gel upon arrival of the guests, the use of face masks upon arrival is mandatory; restricted access to people with a temperature above 99.86 °F (37 °C), or with catarrhal symptoms (nasal congestion, dry cough, sore throat).
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of frequent contact surfaces, and common areas, among others.
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 to 2.25 meters between tables, with a capacity of no more than four people.
- Suggested use of digital menus (via QR codes), if physical, these must be disinfected between clients.
- The entry and exit to public beaches must be wearing a face mask.
- Use of ﬂags based on beach capacity (green allowed, and red restricted access).
- Maintain a distance of at least 5 meters between each group or family.
- Maximum groups of 8 people, preferably from the same group or family.
- Public beach clubs must follow biosecurity measures of entry, and equipment sanitization every time it is used. Staff must wear face masks.
- Mandatory use of face masks for drivers and users.
- If possible, windows must remain open to improve ventilation.
- Users must sit in the back seat to maintain distance from the driver.
- As of June 15th, beaches, public areas, and commercial businesses reopened with strict measures and regulations of social distancing and hygiene.
- Preventive measures such as contact restrictions, high hygiene standards, and a minimum distance of 1.5-2 meters are maintained.
- Mandatory use of face masks in public transportation and all kinds of establishments.
Tours and Activities
- Restricted access to people with a temperature above 99.86 °F (37 °C), or with
- catarrhal symptoms (nasal congestion, dry cough, sore throat).
- Use of face shields or safety glasses, and face masks.
- Maintain a distance of 1.5-2 meters with clients and staff.
- Gel sanitizers in different areas and disinfection of tour equipment.
- Encourage the use of face masks (as long as the activity allows it).
On your next visit you’ll be able to revive everything that makes this wonderful destination unique: our beaches’ natural charm, the essence of our flavors, colors, and traditions, and the warmth and hospitality of our people.
Revive your desire to travel, Puerto Vallarta is ready to welcome you!